Sunday, September 26, 2010

Skulls and Anatomy

I haven't painted much lately so I decided to sit down and paint a couple of funky skulls from life. I will be starting to work on a personal illustration piece soon and I want it to be all done in oil. So I had to pick up the slack and do some practice, even though painting from life is a completely different process than painting an illustration, I still find that doing life studies to be very helpful. Probably will see a bunch more studies in the coming weeks. Also here are some anatomy studies that I have done recently for the anatomy thread I have going on The Illustration Board. Right now I am the only one posting, feel free and participate its always more fun when others do. These studies were traced over from old master drawings out of the Anatomy Lessons from the Great Masters.





No comments: